Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Safe & Sound inspirations

The video takes my breath away. The song, made for the soundtrack The Hunger Games, has an eery lullaby sound in comparison to her normally upbeat sunny songs. The video emits the same eery lullaby with a romanticized feel which pulls you in. Set in the hillsides during colder weather. Trees bare with a fog rising around. Taylor slowly walks around as though in deep thought, searching in loneliness. Her vintage chiffon dress making elegant long waves around her legs and bare feet as the fallen leaves contrast in color.
I have searched out for a dress similar to the one she wears with no luck. Before the weather brings the burst of green, I have this surge of desire & inspiration to find the perfect spot for photos in the same feel of the video.


My search has made me realize, my sewing machine can be my best friend when the need arises for something that can not be found in the stores. I fear chiffon. It's delicate nature is not like where one can whip through sturdier fabrics. A visit to the fabric store will provide further decision on the delicate flow of fabric as chiffon provides. The decision on this as well as the pattern is consuming me. The eery romantic side of me is bursting with want. Being that self photography has it's drawbacks for obvious reasons, I may have my little Panda, whom resembles a Snow White with her dark long hair and snowy skin gliding along the foggy morning hillsides.
During one such search for location, I fell for this beautiful statue in a local graveyard. It sits upon a newer very large header which marks a family area of members buried between 1890-1930. 
When ever the subject of burial comes up with The Captain & I, my one huge selfish desire is to have a very large female statue marking my resting ground. My ashes split between between there and a few other places. This young female statue standing barefoot,  her long chemise hanging low from her shoulders, drew me in as I drove by. I could not stop looking at her. Here, almost 100 years later, she still holds all who come upon her. Throwing all other thoughts to the wind as you look up to her face. That, is what I desire with mine.
If I could only find a large statue like this for my Garden of Eden... So beautiful.
The late dreary months of winter are not my best of times. It's as though you can almost see Spring coming from afar and yet, it does not come soon enough. Like seeing it down a long road, you want to run towards it, hoping it will meet you sooner. I know that is not possible. Mother Nature takes her own time but that has not stopped me from starting the Romanesco Broccoli. The Peony poppies & Hibiscus Roselle seeds. I simply can not adjust to these northern winters. It gives me the feeling of being trapped. Always looking for a way out in between trying to settle.
I know this will pass as it has has a hundred times before. So I dive into my artsy side. Not worrying about the satisfaction of others. I do these to appease myself.  Such as this recent surge inspired by the above video.
This is not meant as a sad posting. Truly not. More of appreciation and understanding that the many sides which make each of us up can not always be Sunny in Ohio. That just would not be reality.
Now, time to dust my old friend off and allow myself to drown my thoughts into chiffon's and threads. the patterns of the 1930's and center the overpowering thoughts of bare feet, hillsides and the feel of early Spring soil warming my soles.

Sunny dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...