Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Second half of seeds, and a seed swap / trade?

Look what came in the mail today!That would be the second half of my seed orders. I now have all the seeds for this years garden extravaganza. Big and lots of work of course. Having it fenced in as soon as possible will make it easier to handle with the children. Nix the picket fence. I think we will have to go with cattle panels since they are less expensive (about $20 per 16 ft section being 4 ft high versus the 8 ft section of $20 picket fence). This way we can include the Magic tree in the garden space- keeping the kiddies close by, with just one gate as a way in or out.
I am charting out the seeds- categorizing & planning with what we have, while eliminating varieties we no longer want or need. I found that I have 12 tomato varieties... Thats not good. So I wanted to offer up some seed to those of you who read my blog. If there is anything in this list you would like, just leave a comment with what you want and I will email you for further information.
WHAT I HAVE EXTRA IN THE SEED BOX:
1 unopened packet bibb lettuce ~ 10 seeds Cloud 9 eggplant ~
70 seeds Striped Cavern Tomato~20 seeds Black cherry tomato~100 seeds Italian Fryer sweet (banana style) pepper~10 seeds Paste tomato ~(all 5 Purple Russian tomato are now claimed for)~a questionable packet of Patty pan squash seed I saved last year( looks like 4 viable seed in there)

I also have extra seed in my orders and would like to trade out for something real good ( and heirloom or open pollinated) like Cannelinni bean seed, Heirloom smooth leaf spinach, Any pole beans other then the ordinary green color, maybe some white or yellow carrots.
Some plants I would LOVE to get my hands are- and willing to TRY an equal trade out for:
Hop Rhizomes, Artichoke starts, Asparagus starts,Blueberry plants (viable LOL),Rosemary rooting.

Out of my orders, I have the following to offer up for trades~:
15 seeds of Garden peach (yellow and long keeper) tomato, 10 seeds Grandma Mary's Paste Tomato, 20 seeds National Pickling Cucumber, 15 Rattlesnake Pole bean, 1 whole packet (can be split) "seeds for kids" *Bountiful Gardens order*,20 seed Strawberry Spinach aka Beetberry,
10 seeds Rosa Bianca Eggplant.
I also found at our local market, a Delicata squash of yellow and orange color. I researched it through the company and it is reported to be an heirloom seed but with a corn like taste. I saved about 30 seeds from the squash and am offering them as well. ( I ordered Delicata squash with my Bountiful gardens order so do not need them).

I am willing to put in a few dollars with seeds for a trade of any plants I mentioned above- in case it is not of an equal value swap. If you only want 5 seeds and i have say 20 listed, then feel free to ask for just 5. This will leave seed for others who also may be interested in trying that kind, too.
So, LET"S START SWAPPIN' !
Seedling Dreams,
Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...