Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Festive Afternoon Coffee


Earlier this week we hosted a little festive gathering at our place, (a casual afternoon get together with friends). When I was little, I remember my grandparents often sitting with their friends for an afternoon coffee, Fika, a break for coffee and a bite to eat.  I would sit under the table and pretend I was a cat, while my grandfather broke open his favorite cheeses, paired with some strong black coffee and my grandmother's hard tack bread and ginger snap cookies.  I long for those afternoons and so I decided to make a trip to IKEA for a little Swedish inspiration for our little gathering.  Something I wasn't expecting while there was running into an awesome little book called Fika in the Bistro section. The book which was $6.99 (amazing deal!) contains 30 classic Swedish baking recipes from bite-size cookies to festive cakes and was the perfect thing I was looking for to inspire my little afternoon get-together!  Want to take a peek?


CONTINUE READING...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...