Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gun lessons and ready for the hunt...

Danny Boy will be taking me on my first hunt. We have decided to Turkey and Deer hunt in southern Ohio. I love my friendship with Tuesday's baby brother. I miss my own brothers so much, even more so from hanging out with him.
Danny boy has filled that void I feel without them around. He picks on me like they would. He lets me "tag along" on stuff (and actually asks if I want to go). He teaches me so many things and has great patience with me when I do that dumb zoned out look when I have not a clue what he is saying....
(example being him teaching me how to pull back the 9 mm...I was having such trouble getting the clip in place until he showed me "the trick"..) He also helped me pick out my first pair of hunting pants in Mossy oak, from an in store sale at Gander Mountain.
This weekend he brought out a few different guns for me to play with. I have to say, I like the 9mm.... A little harder to pin point my target in the beginning when compared to the rifles. But what a rush when you hit the target and feel that POP POP that comes with each firing.Danny boy will be building his home on shared property(family cabin on 13 acres) with his mom and the driveway will begin in the next month. I will go up on future weekends to help clear the trees and spread gravel back to the pond area. During the winter I will help get the house land area cleared out for breaking ground once thawed. Maybe he will humor me and allow my help in the building of the home, in some way. The experience would be nice for when the Captain and I start the building of our home and if my help can ease the load and help his friends get things done quicker, I feel I have contributed somewhat to quicken its completion before the following winter.
Mrs.Frizzle and Bonnie are sharing nest duties again... It appears the count is down from 6 eggs to 3 eggs.Maternal elimination maybe? Unfertile eggs disposed of somehow?
Only time will tell. Hopefully the Frizz and Bonnie can work through their parenting issues and raise the batch together.... No more mommy spats and abandoning of the young...
Need to get my cold frame built here soon for sowing of winter lettuce. Gotta dig into the potato hill and the carrot patches. I have been craving glazed carrots lately and keep thinking of those purple carrots out there, just waiting to be used. I have been so busy lately, having a new friend who actually enjoys doing stuff and does not just sit around...I have been on constant go as of late, neglecting what use to take up so much of my loner time. I almost feel guilty that I enjoy my weekends away from here and up at the cabin...almost anyway....smiling and laughing...
Winter will slow me down and my creativity will be back, along with more adventures ON our little farmstead.
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...