Friday, October 12, 2012

Jiujie Chair: Like a Birds Nest


Hello Gentle Readers!

I come baring a very interesting office chair design that I found today. Sometimes it takes me a little bit of time to settle on the cool feature of the week but this time it was easy! I have chosen the Jiujie Chair by Jamy Yang for Steelcase. This chair came from a crossover project based on the “think chair” by Glen Oliver Low.



The chair is made from an eco-plastic developed by Jamy in 2010. The chair's skeleton is woven with the cut-off eco plastic to create a colorful nest-like overhang on the chair. The idea is that sitting in the chair with the plastic overhang will force the user to consider the environment and the constantly increasing waste.

I'm not really sure if this product would be right for everyone but an ultra modern office or home design would be perfect for this chair.



Obvious drawbacks would be that it looks like it would be hard to keep clean and dust free and since I'm not 100% sure what kind of durability the material is, it could be prone to tearing.

Overall though, this office chair is just plain awesome. I'd put it in my wishlist (when I have a million dollars).

Yang Design is a design consultant in China and works in the home appliance, consumer electronic, home and lifestyle industries. Some of their clients include Absolut Vodka, Dupont, Audi, and Hitachi.  

Happy Hunting,
Ginni

ps. What do you think of this chair?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...