Monday, October 15, 2012

Repurposed Window -Turned Mirror

I hope you had a great weekend! Today I want to share with you the latest project that we completed this weekend. These plain, vintage windows were turned into gorgeous mirrors with the help of my husband busting out the glass panes and cutting the mirrors. We salvaged the tall, skinny window from a New Orleans trip last year. The other six pane window was a bargain purchase awhile back and I decided it needed a makeover too. I just love the idea of taking an ordinary piece and then making it special with a slight change.    



During the process of taking all of the old, cracked glue and paint chips out of the window pane surround. It helps to prep the window for evenly gluing the mirrors in place.




The paint is all nice and chippy. . . just how I like it.


This beauty sold the same day we put it out in our store! I was so glad the sweet couple that bought the mirror loved and appreciated it as much as we did.  


We are going to make several more of these six pane mirrors to add in the store this week. 


Check out my Antique Door- Turned Mirror that's similar to this project.

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...