Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Our cherished Chi Chi (Chia).....

If you have been a long time reader, then you know Chia has been a part of our family for almost 3 years. We never knew her age, but had an idea of around 4 years old, by the teeth we could see.
She was a very cherished (and spoiled) member of our family. everyone who met her, walked away smiling from her friendly personality. She has been the subject of many posts. Sharing her life with you through the pictures and stories of adventures she has brought to us. as you know, My home situation has forced me to find a new home for Chi Chi and Fernie. When Roseanna offered to take them if i could not find a buyer, I immediately offered them to her. I did not want to sell them. Selling them meant not knowing what their futures would be or if they would mistreated, or worse- become food. Panda and I took a road trip down to Roseanna's this last saturday with the girls situated in their Cargo area of my saturn Vue. I knew this would not be goodbye. Or at least, I did not see it as one.
Roseanna and her father have been so kind and generous to my family and I. They have helped rescue fernie when she was sick with anemia and almsot dead from her previous owners ignorance. They have showed kindess in so many other ways but the one I hold onto right now is what happened on Monday....
Roseanna was tending to the goats and noticed Chia was acting weak. She treated for various things that may have been the cause. Cared for her, doing all she knew to do. But there was nothing else that could be done. Chia passed away quietly and was not alone when her time came. Roseanna's father said she was much older then we originally thought. I believe it was old age. She had not called to me as much as usual when I go out for the last week before she left, but I assumed it was because of the cold and the lure of water and hay placed in her barn. Even Fernie had been more quiet then usual that last week. I truly thought nothing of it.
Roseanna has offered to bury her on their farm and wil mark the grave for us, so we can find her. With everything else that is going on, my heart is breaking even more. I did not think I had anymore tears left in me...
Here are a few of our favorite pictures of Chia. Our big "lap dog" beloved goat.....
I will be lighting a candle in her memory this New year.She will be greatly missed by so many. May she feel great happiness and peace in "Goatie" heaven.
Sweeter dreams to all,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...