Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The beauty in simplicity...

When I was younger, I may have been one of those very rare people who saw beauty in shelves of preserved goods. I loved and still do love to see canning pantries full of jars, proudly showcasing their contents. Even though most would or could not see what I saw, I knew that there would be a day I too have shelves housing a summer's worth of memories. I envied the beauty and respected the hard work which went into each piece of art on those shelves.
I had mentioned before my Neighbor Jeannie had made me so proud with such beauty she applied to her Bountiful Harvest. I thought I would share a sneak at one section of her Preserve Pantry:

I do believe I embarrassed her with my gushing over her hard work. But she has found a hobby she loves and an excuse to continue doing it. I will be sure to encourage her on and maybe even let her in on the passion of fellow gardeners, who receive that first seed catalog in winter with great enthusiasm. Clutching the new catalog which will be poured over and enjoyed as though it were a long letter from Mother Nature herself. A letter full of dreams, promises and new adventures.

I have sat inside with my catalogs as they slowly stream in, marking off what I may like to try new this year or consider what the children may like out of the more unique vegetables. This is when I enjoy my gardening theme books the most. The dreams of what may come to be with our parcel of dirt. Home of Frogs, Birds, toads, a few goldfish(Under some ice at the moment) and of course so many small welcomed guests who help keep our garden a whirlwind of Organic cooperation.

I have decided I will go ahead and plant half of the garden space this year with the rest as Container gardening. If we should end up leaving before harvest time, I will let my Neighbor Jeannie know she is welcome to the harvest and share with her family and friends. Hopefully she will not have the jungle I had but my plan of plastic weed blocker this year better work.
I have a special addition coming to our home Friday. She looks exact to someone we have missed terribly. With the last few "someones" we have had not had the best of luck. So are sticking to what we know.
Be sure to get your comment in for our Honey pot and Biscuit cutter giveaway! Just 2 more days until the deadline. psttt...I have been working on some more giveaways for Spring and one which will hopefully be for Valentines day. I am going for Green and /or "different". So far, I am so stoked over our participants and know you will be too!
Sweet Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...