Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Business Matters: Where Are You Moving Your RSS Feeds?

instagram.com/poppytalk

With Google Reader soon closing (July 1st/13) there are just a couple of weeks left to save your Google Reader subscribers.  Do you know where you'll be taking yours? Maybe with the end of Google Reader, it's the end of RSS feeds as we see it? For now though, or until that happens, I've been trying out a few for size these past couple of months and wanted to give you a bit of my feedback.

Feedly
I jumped on the Feedly boat initially when I first heard of this all happening, transferring all of my feeds and at first I really loved the look and organizational tools.  Then I slowly realized it was really dragging my browser down, to a slow annoying level, so I subsequently removed the widget looking for higher ground.

iGoogle
I have since been using iGoogle for the blogs/sites that I read on a daily basis (approx. 40).  I've made it into my home page which basically reminds me of the frontpage of a daily newspaper.  I love this for my first glance happenings.

Pulse
I use the Pulse app for my mobile/iPad but there is a maximum of how many you can have in your sections, which makes for a similar situation like iGoogle. Not all my feeds that I have collected can be included. Just my currents.

Which leaves me to a one-size fits all?

Bloglovin'
Recently bloglovin' whom I joined a few years back offered up a super easy solution to import all of your RSS feeds. It's a simple 2-click RSS import (if you're already logged into google), Just first click here: 


Then you'll see a pop up box that looks like this:



And then click on the "Import from Google Reader". The site then basically does the rest!  All of my 300+ feeds are uploaded there and I have been using this for my daily and/or weekly reads (usually when I have a bit more time to catch up) as well as it has a nice app when I'm going mobile.  The upload even kept all my categories intact so I didn't have to redo all of that hard work that I had already created in Google Reader.

So that's it.  What are you using? Where do you think the future of the RSS feeds are going? Maybe ending? With Google Currents or wherever Google can make more money.  Here's a good read about the future of RSS feeds.

Maybe you have something to suggest? Feel free to share!  But in the meantime, that's where I'm parking my RSS feeds.  Also - please leave me your Bloglovin' link in the comments below, so I can add you!  You can follow our feed here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/ISuVv (wherever the wind blows you) we'd be stoked and honoured to be included in your reader! 

And if you're on Bloglovin, you can: Follow Poppytalk on Bloglovin' HERE!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...