Friday, September 15, 2006

Daisy had babies...


There are 3 in there. Big sized ones at that! Yesterday, I put her & casperilla into the outdoor rabbit house/pen so I can clean up their indoor area. They litter trained themselves, which was nice! I knew she was going to have the babies anyday but thought for one night I would put the 2 out there so theirbox could be bleached and air dried before I put in more straw. Of course she could not wait, and had her babies last night sometime.

She looks thinner and felt lighter when I went out to get them this morning. The above picture is from then.
What is really sweet here is not all that hair is from Daisy. Casperilla has a reduction in her coat too! You can see it mostly from her back end area. The 2 of them have gotten along wonderfully. Maybe Casperilla is half her size and Daisy is of course not threatened by her or she is just not that far along in age so looks at her in a motherly way. When they were both in the house running free, Casperilla would follow me around and "beg" for food. She would then run back to daisy who seemed to be starving all the time this week. It seemed Daisy was being looked after by Casperilla. My husband even mentioned it seemed like the little one was fetching food for the the big one (he does not refer to them with names). Either way, she leaves the babies alone and Daisy seems to like having a friend. We will see how it goes.In the above picture, you can see some of her fur that she has been contributing to the nest, still hanging from her backend. It is thinned out on the back sides too. I wonder if it is her choice or if she was just close enough that Daisy helped herself. They do cuddle up alot and seems to be a friendship that goes against all I have read about putting 2 females together.
I cant wait to tell Panda!
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...