Saturday, February 17, 2007

pay someone to take a free dog?!

Update* It seems the lady I wrote to is the same woman but had herself listed as a rescue group IN Ohio but resides in new york. After a few heated emails from me trying to tell her I do not play that way. I'm giving him for free to someone I will pick out and since she is not located in Ohio I have no interest in her assistance. I have had a nice amount of interest in him on the forum I posted at. I hope that one in particular will come up and check him out. They own a Boar goat farm in southern Ohio. I checked out her site and liked what I have seen so far. I will of course make a visit to the home before he would be placed with anyone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted Jack on a forum for a new home. I then receive this email from an old english sheepdog rescue in a far to the east state :

I have wonderful, screened homes waiting for OES's. May I call you and make arrangements to get him? Rescue can pick up some of the costs. I just hope that he is clean for transporting. That will help greatly. What is his age?



First if they had read the first line in my ad they would know he is 5 years old- notice their last question. Second is I will not PAY someone (do I have sucker on my forehead?) to place Jack in a home when I GIVING him away- FREE. No cost of money just love and attention. Clean for transportation? What makes them think I would pay for him to have them place him and then have him groomed for his new place which by the way is close to $80 for a trim and shampoo! And then to just ship him off to New York where who knows who will be at the "receiving" end- Think of the poor dog- what kind of "transportation are they speaking of? I assume not a spacious car ride. I wrote to a rescue group here in Ohio today and have not heard back so I posted him on a homestead forum too. I was honest about his nips and how Dog cant stand him. I have found that as long as he eats only sensitive diet foods he has normal bowel movements and lots of rawhides and squeaky toys keeps his sock eating disorder at bay. I just cannot take the fighting between these 2 dogs. Dawg is so small. Jack could kill him if he decides he will show he's boss. Its too hard to keep them separate.

Sweet dreams,
Tammie
p.s the font is all messed up with this entry and seems to not want to change. I do not wish to retype all of it so please excuse the mess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...