Friday, March 2, 2007

kitchen "redo" update-pics later

Finally got our hardware store gift cards we ordered like a month ago.It was worth it because of the deal they had we ended with a free $100 gift card due to the amount we bought. I picked up the new black dishwasher (which is replacing the vintage jalopy that was here before us and most likely the owner before us). I attempted to install it but The Captain finished that project. I removed all the cabinet doors on the sink side and finished painting all the cabinet "box's" and doors on that wall plus put all the new handles on. They of course do not match the dark color hinges but I really could care less. Just a plain silver knob handle was $1. Of course it was the cheapest but it has a design cut on the edge so the appearance is not cheap. The next price level up was $2 and since I need 24 knobs/handles, I was not going to spend that much. The hinges were just as expensive (need 2 per cabinet door) and I decided not to spend it since it is not going to have a major impact on the house value. New knobs, fresh paint in a creamy coffee color will be all those cabinets will get out of me. Of course now I have to do the cabinets on the other side of the kitchen and after that I will paint the kitchen walls a neutral "drum skin" color.

Tonight is the night for lovers... NOT! We will be spending our evening together ripping up the nasty faux wood vinyl flooring the previous owner put in. What fun! Of course the kitchen floor is not to be left out but will wait until I am done painting. The best part of that is I only have the counters to cover up while painting and if drops spill -I don't care! Can you tell I am no longer giddy over house projects? Once the flooring is in the kitchen and all the painting done, I get to pick out a new stove to replace the mid 1980's model that came with this place.
Ahhhhh, the goals that will soon be accomplished. I feel more at ease. Of course the winter blues poke in every once in a while but as long as I keep myself entertained I seem to beat it.
I will of course be posting pictures soon but most likely my next post will be the sharing of Jacks arrival to his new home-Tomorrow!
So stay tuned if you care to see the Pennsylvania farm he will be calling home.
Sweetest dreams,Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...