Saturday, June 2, 2007

Schooool's out ...for summer!! (pic heavy)

Panda is officially on summer break. That means it is time forweekend Bonfires!!
Which also mean
S'MORES!

And just as proof the nice weather is really here, today I harvested 2 -1 gallon ziplock bags from the lettuce garden and about 2 sandwich bags from the spinach! Our gardens are bursting with pride early this year it seems. Not to be out shined by the lettuce, the squash have started growing babies! And its not even a whole week into June! I do not know what it is I did this year so different from the others to make such a huge difference in production. Could it really be from the built up beds, bits of compost pile and used straw bedding?
Today, I got halfway through making my first "chicken tractor".(So be kind in its critique.) This is just the run area- (that had to have the top support rebuilt after breaking from certain children trying to "tight rope walk"... that is the reason for the questionable end 2x4's and the white thin sides). The measurements are 5 feet long by 3 feet wide. Height is about 3 1/2 feet...I think... There is some fine tuning to do before I build the house end. Until then, I will be putting the baby chicks in during the day and placed by the big pen. I am trying to get the other chickens use to seeing and hearing them so the transition to being all together will go MUCH smoother.Oh and obviously, it will be painted black. Maybe white trimming.

Look what I spotted today while The Captain tore into the big pile of pine! MULBERRIES! Massive amounts of mulberries on the neighbors tree (not very nice grouchy "preacher man" zone happy calling one)- which have big branch's hanging 10-15 feet into our yard. I'm thinking mulberry mead this year!!! Anyone else game?
Sweetest Dreams, ~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...