Thursday, August 21, 2008

A large harvest from the jungle and the mooches....

Panda and I ventured through the jungle this morning, in search of ripe edibles. What a bounty we found! A few pumpkins were rotten and showed signs of a possible chicken attack- only there are no longer poultry in the fenced garden...

I have been away for most of the last 2 weeks and have neglected my blog horribly. I will tighten down my ventures and stay more on the home front...hopefully.
Setting up the harvest for picture taking with Panda's digital camera, the chickens and ducks surrounded the table with hungry eyes and did make off with a few tomatoes and sunflowers.

Elvis may have feathers blocking her vision, but not blocking view of food...

Chris, my local group member, brought me a bucket of peaches from his weekend picking. Peach cobbler tonight along with fried green tomatoes, stuffed sausage and rice in red striped tomatoes, and some of the delicata squash!
I've got to do some errands so off we go...again..
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...