Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Butcher weekend at the Cabin**Some graphic pics**

All the meat birds are now in Freezer camp. I have to say it is not as messy like some have made it out to be. Truly not what we feared. We had fun and the new experience made for a memorable weekend at the cabin.
Feathers came off easily:A trick learned on how to get the hairs off after plucking all the feathers:The butchering was easy and we all took turns:
We decided to leave our younger 2 children (Frog and Lil' Man) with their granparents for the event. Panda came up with us and played with her oldest cousin "Country Girl"(Tuesday's oldest daughter) and Danny Boy's daughter "CoCo". The girls played in the creek bed catching craw-dad's and Salamanders, with Zeus and his buddy Buster tagging along:Those 2 animals are just so freaking cute how they are so inseparable:The Captain shot skeet for the first time and seemed to enjoy it. He left by noon the next day while Panda and I stayed for another night. Danny boy had some friends over and we continued to shoot skeet into the night. He had his brother over too and a nice big bonfire was made by the guys.
There is an apple tree by the bonfire which became "apple bombs" by the guys and the war began. The hammock was turned over by the girls and used as a shield while jumping up to throw out a bomb to their target as the guys ran behind trees surrounding the fire. Wrestling around, laughter, and such fun filled the night air. We were sad to leave the next morning but knew there would be more great weekends ahead. I wish I had taken more pictures but being I am the only one who takes them, I was too entertained with shooting and good times to think of it.
Danny Boy is going to have the 12 gauge Stoeger customized to me. He will teach me the in and outs of my gun. It will remain at the cabin but he has given me a wonderful gift of the Stoeger. i shot a few different guns this weekend and still favor the Stoeger, which neither he or his his son care for. So it's mine and stays at the cabin.
This has become such a wonderful Summer for me. I have learned so much and experienced things I have always wanted to do. Summer 2008 will forever be one of those great seasons I look back upon with fondness. Forever a great memory.
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...