Saturday, January 17, 2009

Indoor pond...Now what fish to grow?

I built a box frame to hold the pond shell. This shot you can see how the one lip of the tub extends over the box frame. It is in dimensions of 34 inchesX36 inches. With a depth/height of 14 inches. Leaving the back with only a 7 inch cover since I ran out of wood..
Placed the plants all around it. Added an old mirror. Now you can not really tell about the back cover being smaller. Grizzle freaks out thinking there are "others" in the house when she walks by the mirror. Growls and stares into the mirror. She does that to Ray Ray too. She'll will adjust soon enough.
We need to repaint the walls from little people hands. This time a semi gloss in the Sweet Annie color.
The pump came with water fountain features, so the kids and I have been playing around with them, seeing which we prefer. Now what fish should I put in there beside gold fish? Something I can get local and that we could eat maybe? O.k That does seem kinda odd, but yet kinda cool. Growing your own fish for food right in the living room. Eventually Hydropnics with large tanks holding fish in the basement...
Hmmm. Maybe we should just start with the plans for the new chicken coop. Stay tuned for the post. I assure you it will be interesting and prove to be what puts me in the " bit eccentric and rather eclectic" category, to many outsiders...

I still can not believe this is OUR indoor pond:I have been baking bread like crazy. I had the extra starter which had to be used up and now have 4 loaves of bread. I experimented with one and replaced one cup of unbleached all purpose flour with whole wheat graham flour. Now that was some GREAT bread.
I have garden tools which need painted~ rake, shovel, spade, pitch fork. Also a wheel barrow that needs some attention. Guess what color they will be....
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...