Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My green man is almost complete...

When I get in one of those moods and can not seem to get out of it, I find doing something creative with my hands acts as a meditation. Pulls me out of the negative mood. My little brother Army told me "Sis, don't stop doing your thing with the clay". I have just sat and stared at the bag of clay, not feeling inspired since I brought it home.
Then I decided that if I just open the bag, touch the clay with my hands, my creative mind would kick in.
And it did:

I read somewhere that The Green man is also a representation for new beginnings. Life and death of everything living, the ebb and flow of life.
It seemed fitting that my hands started going the way of this wall hanging Green Man for the particular mood I have been in for a few weeks now.
It's odd really. I just blank in and out while I sculpt. Time speeds by and it feels like minutes, not hours.
I began this in the late afternoon yesterday as the kids play with their friends on the back deck. After an hour, I covered the base with saran wrap and walked away for the night. At 3 am I awoke and felt compelled to get my hands back on the clay. At 7 am the above is what came of it.
Here is a view to show the inside portion of the bottom leaves which I hope will hold a tea light and herbs in the future:


I have some tweaking to do and finsihing touches, so what you see is only 95% done. The bottom leaves will be opened up a little more to accommodate a tea light and the face needs a few touch ups along with general "clean up".
I feel lighter. I can feel myself smiling and the negative energy I felt around is once again disappearing.
"He dances the Moon with power and grace
Amidst the hills and trees, in His sacred space
A dancer moving swiftly between the realms
There in the leaves . . . . what do you see?
If you honor the Old Ways ~ it may be He"

The magic of creation. It's an amazing thing.
Sweet Green dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...