Sunday, June 28, 2009

What "Witchy" things are brewing up at our place?


The medicinal herbs have produced well so far. I have Yarrow flowers, Comfrey leaves and the beginings of Calendula flowers empowering the Cold Processed- Extra Virgin Olive oil. With an early start this year on the herb collection, I should be set for the Fall making of Salves.

We have also started the harvesting of culinary herbs. I am using the "brace size" rubber bands to hold the stem bundles with a twine piece in it to tie on the Herb line. I have one on this Kitchen side and one on the dining room side of the room divider.


Being so in tune with the nature around us this year, has brought more creative dreams brewing at night.
Once again, I started with the base of the face and ended up walking away. It was 2 more days before I could feel it calling me. (I'm sure being so happy, knee deep in herbs, distracted me for a bit).
I decided to try my hand at making this a wall fountain piece. Admiring the intricate lines of my grape vine leaves gave me one of those light bulb moments. I created the leaves with ones harvested from those vines and could not be happier with how well it did turn out. At least for an amateur such as myself....
Here is your sneak peak at a portion of the project:


And a great big bear hug Thank you to Chris and Lisa at the 1 Acre homestead for letting me pick strawberries from your magical strawberry producing spot. They have already harvested 28 pounds from that bed! I filled a large rectangle berry flat and you could see there would be plenty more ready this week for them.
I made a 1 gallon crock of strawberry wine with our trip to the local field a few weeks back & 2 gallons of strawberry wine from the magical 1 acre homestead plot.
I always hear that song in my head when I think or say Strawberry wine....
** "Strawberry wine" by Deanna Carter**here's a link for ya' folks)**


And just so you do not think I forgot- Here is another clue as a picture to an upcoming (in July) Project. And it has nothing to do with my oh so loved recent Curb side find seating:


I have a new lettuce raised bed to fill up and a Front yard which needs some TLC this weekend- hardcore! Oh, and I need to call the Blueberry shack and see when the Blueberries will be ready for us to pick and get out to the Secret spots to check on those wild Black Raspberries...heheh. It's Summer people! Yay!
Sweet Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...