Saturday, June 20, 2009

Stroll through the unorganized garden at Dusk...

The rain has been coming down and keeping us inside, I missed my morning walks and evening strolls through the garden. I was afraid I would miss so many of the flowers which had just begun to show. This particular Foxglove was planted last year. They do not bloom until the second year. I was so excited to see it today!(*Looking back, I think this is the Marshmallow herb I planted or a stow away from another seed packet.Hmmm...now what ever happened to those fox Gloves?..)

The long Pie pumpkin patch has exploded with this rain. There are tons of pumpkins the size of fat hot dog buns beneath the cover of their large leaves.

The sunflower wall, behind the cucumber tepee's will soon need thinning and some moved to The Captains garden down the hill.


Imagine my surprise to find the tomato patch in need of their supports in just 1 week's time. And the weeds once again standing their ground against my battle...(check out that beautiful and for so long waited on Mesculan!)


I added in 2 raised bed box's for Romain lettuce and will be adding another for just Mesculan down by the driveway. During the later parts of fall these will be utilized for more greens to eat through the cold months- hence the closer raised bed by the house front.

While inspecting our grape vines and trying to figure out what is happening with them...


I found this little friend hiding beneath one of their leaves:

Which reminds me. I have not shared the state of the hive!
It seems our queen has died and there is not another in there to replace her. The bee's seem to have not noticed and continue to work-Thankfully.

Our Bee man is hoping to get a new one for the hive here soon.
It appears I need to clip some chicken wing feathers. Not that they stray where they should not, but I rather they only roam when I LET them out to do so.
We lost all but 1 baby rabbit. They were let out by an undisclosed (not from our house) child while we were gone one day and roamed out to a neighbors yard.

A neighbor's yard who I have seen spray chemical on the dandelions. There was just one baby left in the hutch with the mom and that is also the one which has survived (now who roams in the chicken pen with it's mom). I think they passed from poisoning.
We are also down to 1 silkie chick. The big Delawares stomped the others during a food stampede...
The children have been enjoying their See Saw and a second swing replaced on the Magick Tree.
We have not made many trips away from home but the fun times we are having make it just fine.
Panda has begged for her own rose bush so she can try her hand at making rose water (with The Captain's moon shine still -I told her that it was for making flower water and essential oils instead of having her repeat to someone at school "oh, my dad has a moon shine still!" during a lesson of History...). So I surprised her with a big bunch of divine scented pink roses placed in a crystal glass next to her bed.
I wake hours before the sun rises and made my way to the old farmstead I dug my Antique Roses from a few years back. I carried my basket along the 100 foot length of old Rose bush's and clipped from the street side. Once I had a good bunch for her, I searched out a new green cane grouping which had grown a distance away from the grouping.(I have gained Permission to remove the bush and roses every year as long as it is from a new "in the way" growth and of course cutting roses just helps keep it tidy since I cut away dead cane while I gather.)
As she opened her eyes in the morning, First thing she had seen were her roses & her nose was be greeted with their pleasent scent.

She was very pleased.
I have been taring down the rotten wood under the house front windows. The plan was to scrape the old paint off before applying a new layer. Nope. As always a simple job turns more intense when dealing with this place.
Panda has a birthday camp out coming up and the outside jobs will at least be done by then.
Hopefully anyway.
I have a project to share soon which I think many of you may find rather interesting.
A hint? We have wood floors....
That is all you get for now.
Sweet Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...