Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Q+A with Jill Bent


Today we're interviewing Jill Bent, a designer and seamstress located in Cambridge, MA, where she works from her home studio. Jill's been making beautiful quality handmade goods for the home for quite a few years and so we're thrilled she agreed to answer a few questions about her work.


Tell us a little bit about you. Where did you train or study and what led you to the path you currently are on?
Growing up, both my parents were craftspeople, so it feels natural for me to create handmade things.  I've always been drawn to vintage fabrics and a simple aesthetic, that's were my inspiration comes from.  I learned to sew as a child from the women in my small town, and as an adult, I renewed my skills taking lessons from a friend who is a master seamstress.  I left a career in library science when I had my second child and started my own business sewing and designing because it was something I truly loved, with the added benefit that I could work from home while my children were growing up.


CONTINUE READING...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...