Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Best of DIYs | Woven Trivet by Bookhou


Today we're featuring another lovely project that Arounna Khounnoraj of bookhou did for us back in 2011 and another project that I think would be fun to do out on the deck or at the picnic table this summer. I love the salvage she used from her sewing projects, makes for some great texture and color.  Check it out below!


DIY With Bookhou: Woven Trivet

I have been collecting the selvage from my sewing projects and thought this was a fun way to use the material to create a nice trivet or little mat. if you don't have selvage scraps you can use and old shirt or pants and cut up strips to use. wool sweaters are really nice after the project you can wash it in hot water and it will felt nicely. this is also a nice project for kids.

What you need:
-four pieces of stretcher frame (I used 10 in.) - hammering into a scrap piece of wood works good too.
-nails and hammer
-scissors (not shown in picture)
-cardboard approx. 1.5 x 5 in. (not shown in picture)
-cut up scrap fabric (I used selvage that I have been collecting)


CONTINUE READING...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...