Wednesday, November 1, 2006

A visit from the Zoning and nuisance investigator...

My planned post has been postponed till tommorow. Instead I bring you this post feature of my neighborly dismay special..... And the battle is on! Apparently, my neighbors on the other side of my "barnyard" think my chickens roaming on MY PROPERTY is a nuisance to them... He has a chainlink fence seperating our yards so my chickens are not in his, but scratch next to it on occasion. He too sits on over one acre and has an outbuilding blocking his view to the rest of his back yard anyway. If they somehow did get in his yard, it would be to eat the fallen apples from his tree behind said building that he does not bother to clean up & attracts all the stinging bugs. He is gone ALL day & the kicker is he has had plenty of oppurtunity to say something to me- not including the thought of walking over to my house- knocking on the door and asking me nicely to help keep the chickens away from his yard. I see him every morning when I drop Panda off at school because he too does open enrollment. I even wave and say how ya doing?! So just a little bit ago the zoning guy stopped by to say a complaint was made that my "roosters" were roaming which is against the zoning law..They must be contained in an enclosure set back 100ft from neighbor propertyy lines and 60ft from the road. I only have 2 roosters. I have 6 hens. I have 1 1/4 acres of property and have the fence line legal on the road side and that neighbors side. I told the zoning guy they were getting out because they are due for wing clipping. They hop the fence and being this time of year, the garden harvest/preserving comes first since it does not wait. I was nice, he was nice and we sat laughing. I told him I will take care of it when I have someone to help watch the children. It needs to be done when they are all in the coop since I do not have all day to chase chickens- that is unless he would like to volunteer his babysitting services for my children while I do so.
My sunshine & peace symbol coop is gone to a freecycler, so I will be looking for the most obnoxious color of paint I can find and the coop on his side will be freshly painted with it and the polka dots with another ugly color will be applied. I wish I could think of something insulting for a symbol- him being a preacher and all- just to drive it in I am ticked & do not play well with others.
I am steaming still! And to think, I actualy thought about raking my leaf covered yard and picking up the misc. that is laying around in it before winter...
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...