Monday, August 6, 2007

Looking for your opinion on these pictures....

Remember the curbside find of the old 8 pane windows? I am finally collaging pictures to display in the panes. One of the windows is missing 2 panes from the end, so I will arrange the panes so when laying sideways- 4 on top & 4 on bottom, there will be one missing pane on each end of the top row. So below, imagine 2 pictures on the top row and 4 for the bottom row.
This picture has been updated/edited august 7, 2007 8:11 pm

***8I have removed/replaced 2 of the pictures. The green of the frog was too bright for this collage & the bee too fuzzy on super close-up. This is just a quick throw together for you to see it with the 2 cast iron bird pieces. Any suggestions with the new set up?***

I have 2 weathered cast iron pieces meant to be bird feeders, I picked up from the craft store years ago. They will go in the glass-less panes with votive red /white color candles sitting in the feeder portion.
These are sitting on the the step-way up to the hill from our back yard. The picture is not crooked- the hill is...
I am unsure on the arrangement of my chosen pictures above. I would really like to hear from my blog readers, on what, in their opinion, would look best. What order would you arrange the above pictures to go in the window pane? Remember- 2 photos for the top row and 4 for the bottom row. I have not chosen a photo mat to frame them, but was thinking white or black.
So what do you think?

These will be on display in the living room. The walls have been painted white and there are old wooden floors.
Today we will sign on with a realtor to sell our house. Of course, they always tell you to take down family pictures so any potential buyer can "picture themselves" at home instead of feeling as though they are visiting a strangers home. In order to add color and display life in the house, I have chosen the above pictures for just one of the 2 window curb finds. The other 8 pane will be done in the same fashion and choosing the pictures for it is in action. Going through years of digital photos can be very time consuming.
I look forward to all suggestions and appreciate you taking the time to help my decision.
Sweetest dreams,
~Tammie
p.s. I am having second thoughts on the bee picture- bee is blurry up close- and the frog picture- a lot of green.I have a great close up of a black & blue butterfly on a peach xinnia flower with greenery surrounding it. i also thought I may put panda's "a child's mother nature" picture in the above set too. It can be viewed in my flickr photos. The one she made of mother nature out of hosta leaves and a rock. It is not vibrant but the white streaks in the leaves make it not so mellow. Just a thought.
~The Unusually Unusual Farmchick- Tuesday morn 7:30 am

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...