Friday, March 21, 2008

Large leaf stepping stones & apple trays

Update picture on the Mystery chick. So far I am leaning(more like falling over towards) this being an Americauna, as Spinning Grandma commented. Now watch it be a rooster.. It was the smallest chick and is now larger then the Americauna hen chicks that came with it. I guess 3 roo's are not bad. Until the crowing chorus begins.While I was out picking a few things up & returning unused tile we bought last Spring, I could not fight the urge to just "stroll through" the garden center outside. And I am so very glad I did! I turned the last aisle when in the corner of my eye, I spotted a sign with an unbelievable price. Upon closer inspection into the crates below the price tag, disbelief set in. Then I compared the bar codes. Then I grabbed an Employee.
Look what i found for just .49 cents EACH!
I bought 30 of them...These are of the bigger size and since I am wearing a pair of my funky socks and yet to separate my legs from their winter warmers , you do not get the foot comparison.(stopped shaving legs first day of Fall and swore I would not shave till the Spring..& I made it and will continue to do it every pant weather season.) They will accommodate 2 adult feet and work splendid for the Hill Top garden. I felt guilty buying them. I really did. But the time and money saved from getting these are well worth it for us. I have tried in the past to make our own and they never work out.

Now hopping around in the big wide world of blogs, I happened upon Irish Sally's Garden Blog. She shared with her readers how they store their apples on the cardboard tray inserts the store get's their apples shipped in. So I called our local grocery and they saved me 4 box's full of those trays:What a great idea! I'm sure their are many other uses for me to find as of yet, which I have plenty to experiment...and possibly share on the local free cycle.
So Thank you Irish Sally for a great tip and another way to reuse an item that would be senselessly tossed aside.
I have a recipe to share soon from a great book I found. I think many of you will find it very useful and something to keep if yeast is not available. Or you just want to do something different. I am so excited to try it this summer and hope many of you will give it a try to collect some feedback for other readers.
Until next time-
Sweetest dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...