Saturday, March 29, 2008

Outside peeks ~& from toy store to pantry food shelving

Today was in the low 42 degrees (F) with lots of sunshine. It is suppose to stay this way. At least for awhile. The Captain left earlier to go pick up my new freecycle find ( I'll get to that in a minute) so the girls and I played outside. Well, the girls played with their bikes and I played with the rake... Lots of winter winds blew small sticks everywhere and little bits of trash into the yard. I raked the leaves to go into a new compost pile and discovered my spearamint was sprouting.. I find that out when I took a big root chunk with the metal rake as I raked gravel back into the driveway from the winter snow plowing.
While we were out, we planted the thornless Blackberries where Panda's sunflower house use to be. I am feeling good about 4 of the canes. The rest look like they may be dead. The thick green one below has a few baby canes popping from its root base. That gives me hope.And then we started placing old compost onto the new massive garden bed:
The above pic gives you a good look at where the hill slopes off at. Notice the Goat cabin's roof in the far right? And see that branch drooping off the Magic tree? Cracked in mid winter and has yet to fall. So Tractor Boy and his dad will be over before the plants go in and get that cut off where it meets the main branch at the V. Not the bottom V- the 2nd V of the broken branch connection. (click pic for close up).
And such a nice day allowed all of the barnyard to free range and sun bathe. But soon they all made their way back home to the cozy cabin and warm water waiting for them.The above pic gives another glimpse at the Hill slope which has been hard to work around with animal fencing/pens and any other usefulness. That is except snow sledding! It's a kick butt sledding hill! Otherwise, a pain to work around.
And since I am on the run with great finds lately, I thought I would share my find of the day:
Lady posted this as display shelving from her store (high end toy store) and was giving away to anyone who would have them gone by today. I am hoping to fit this into the basement room for our canning items and store bought excess canned goods. It even has wheels for moving it! I originally thought it would be great to hold my sewing supplies which quickly changed to pantry shelving once I had it in the driveway.
Still looking for a cider press and grain mill... Gotta be someone who is cleaning out an old basement or barn where they happen upon those old items, which I would happily take the cider press in any condition to be fixed and most likely the grain mill too.... Just gotta be!
Sweet Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...