Friday, April 23, 2010

A Wonderful Quote About Some Of My Best Friends...

You know how important I think books are to the creation of a beautiful home.... they hold their own fascination, their own special vibe, their own worlds and journeys. Books can't help but impart a feeling of comfort, stability, and personality into a home in my opinion.

This is one of my favourite quotes about books...

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~ Charles W. Eliot ~

Here's some gorgeous 'book' pics to celebrate the loveliness of books.














And another insightful quote... a woman after my own 'book bound' heart!

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen, "Enough Bookshelves," New York Times, 7 August 1991 ~

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

If you love a good read, I hope you get time to indulge! xox

Ask yourself: 'Do I have many books in my home?'

Which leads to: 'Where do I have them? How are they displayed? Could I re-arrange them so they're better able to contribute to the vibe within my rooms? Are they at my fingertips if I want them?'

Because: Books truly do help 'make a house a home' (in my opinion).

Cheers,

Linda.

******
See who else thinks no house is a home without books:
No Home Should Be Without These - Do You Agree? Is Yours?

******

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...