Friday, January 21, 2011

Single candle mini chandeliers

I spotted these almost Apothecary looking jars while out and about the other day. Instantly I thought of tree chandeliers! I experimented with the wire wrapping and placement, making these vary in their appearance. I still have much to improve & perfect. I think it's not too bad for my first time playing with bead and solder wire.

I used a soldering wire for the top rim band, to dangle the Acrylic crystals from. The bottom rim and side handles are a 3 strand braid using beading wire. Fortunately, I spotted holiday ornaments for 80% off {making them 65 cents each} which had 3 strands of the crystals hanging from each. Perfect for what I had in mind.
What is it about candles hanging from tree limbs? They seem to give a comforting dreamy ambiance, as well as the glow of romance.Changing the atmosphere as the sun goes down and an evening out beneath the stars.
 By adding the crystal decor, it enhances the richness of Shabby chic design. I love mixing clean colors and luxury textures with that cottage Country look. I also found a few vintage looking candle items for more projects. More Garden candle chandeliers. More cold winter days filled with uninterrupted crafting satisfaction. Can you tell I am excited to get them started?

I have finished 2 twirly skirts {minus the elastic band} for Frog plus a 6 gore skirt for myself. It is the prototype of a new pattern, so the material is from a king size plain sheet. I refuse to waste anymore favorite material until I find the perfect pattern.
I did finish up the Peasant top from earlier this month. The bottom seam sits too high for my taste, much to Panda's delight. She did not want the embroidery designs I planned. She feels it is too "girly". Ummm. alrighty then.

Hopefully the next one I am working on with a thinner fabric will turn out not so ruffled on the edging and of course, I am cutting it 6 inches longer at the bottom.

Just 4 more weeks until the starting of seeds. Valentines day begins the annual living room take over by
grow lights and soil. My HydroFarm seed heat mat arrived today. I have stevia, herbs plus a few other seeds which require warmer conditions in the house that I can not provide. {our heat is kept at 63 F degrees}.The hope is for my eggplant seeds to sprout and grow into healthy seedlings, preventing me from buying them as nursery plants.The heat mat was highly suggested for my eggplant success. I came to a point of decision, eggplant hated me. I have only had 2 seeds ever grow into plants and even then, just 1 fruit from it's limbs. Eggplants are the Diva of all my gardening efforts and as so, must have their own special attention. Hence, the heat mat. Oh the things we do for the love of Gardening...
Sweetest dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...