Monday, March 14, 2011

Coop almost done update & 1920s dining set {many pics}

Jim, the owner of Triple Braid Farms, maker of those very nice & affordable chicken coops, has sent me a few shots of my coop in construction. I thought I would share a peek with you before I begin the project of La Poulet Maison.

This is the first picture I opened and instantly "ohhh, I love that window" escaped my lips, despite no one around to hear it.

The nesting box area where I plan to hang my Fresh Eggs sign project, made last week.

We are having some issues with the truck which I am hoping will be fixed in time. I have an hour or so to drive down for picking the coop. Is that not the way it seems to always go? But Larry the mechanic {an old school chum of my husband & brother in law} knows of my ...ummm urgent need, to get the coop. He is trying to get things done so I can be on way my in time.
I must share one of the weekends antique freebie finds.
We outgrew our family hand me down many years ago. Originally The Captain wanted a marble top table where I cared for old charm. One made of real wood and detailed craftsmanship. Things that have become expensive & rare these days. I came into this very nice 1920s dining set for the taking and could not be happier. Well that's not true. I would be happier if I did not have a few chair joints to tighten, match some stain for covering up the wear on edges and the need to refinish its main table top that has scratches & a few water shadow stains. And of course reupholster the chair cushions.

If you lift the main top, 2 end leaves pull out to expand the table for seating 10.
And the chairs? 5 of the original set, plus 2 that must have come later.
Wide with lovely detail .
So the projects are lining up. Not a problem since they are projects I willingly take on with passion.
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...