Thursday, March 17, 2011

Creating an eclectic interior: don't forget your bathroom!

3-bathrooms-2011-new-ideas-small-eclectic
Adding wonderful touches of colour and personality to your home doesn't have to stop with the main living spaces. How about creating an inspirational bathroom too? Most people go for white, cream of other 'neutral' colours when decorating their bathroom, but why not add a bit more 'you' to it? You could keep it safe and just pick accessories to brighten up the space or go all the way and pick colourful wallpaper, tiles or a unique freestanding bath. I'd love a freestanding bath... but my bathroom isn't big enough. (top image and one below from Homeklondike.com)

2-bathrooms-2011-new-ideas-sweedish

I really like this 'Swedish spa' style bathroom. Great combination of clean lines and natural materials.

Bathroom_tile_ideas_eclectic_blue_bathroom

You could add unusual mirrors instead of the usual square ones and use a small colourful rug as your bath mat. Great use of a ladder too. (from House to Home)

22304_0_8-0608-eclectic-bathroom_houzz

Don't know about you, but I get easily bored in a bathroom. Soaking in a bath for hours is not something I do very often. Adding a map of the world could be the solution to this however... dreaming about all those places I still want to visit... or brushing up my geographical knowledge while brushing my teeth at the same time. (images House to Home)

Bluebath

Another great way of adding something different to your bathroom is by painting a wall in a bold colour. I love this deep blue. (Image House to Home)

Redbath

What about adding some red? Not a usual colour to pick for a bathroom, but I think it works! (image from Houzz)

504414
Or how about adding some colourful artwork to your walls? (image LivingEtc)

Bathroom-artwork
And last but not least: text! Add a bit of humour to your tiles. And don't forget to wash behind your ears ;-)

(image Top of Designs)


I hope this have given you some great ideas!

-------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...