Thursday, June 9, 2011

the Garden gives, beating the heat & row boat paradise...

Frog harvested her first bit of french breakfast Radish, which is only enjoyed by her & The Captain. Whats nice about these is the quick to harvest timing. Gratification for small children who do not have the capability to think months ahead as with items like tomatoes & melons.

I am re thinking the whole garden after this years experience with weeds, taking in previous year issues. At the end of this year I will bite the bullet and by the thick black plastic for ground cover. The cloth has done nothing to stop the growth of grass & such. It's to a point I'm throwing my hands up and do not even want to be in the garden anymore. I am that sick of weeding and it's only the first half of June. Not that the garden looks like I have done anything, making it all the more reason I am left frustrated.
So what better way to take a break from things and beat the heat?
Grab the kids off the buss and pack them{and dog} up for some fishing!
The breeze coming of the lake while standing on the dock was better then air conditioning. {Which I refuse to use unless it becomes unbearable}. Lil Man was in the lucky spot and caught 8 bluegill in 45 minutes. Yes, I know those things are easy, but for an 8 yr old boy, actually catching fish is the bright spot.
Our dear Ming who does have some peculiar behavior around strangers, like walking as far away from them on walkway as possible, looked to be enjoying herself as well. From trying to intimidate geese 4 times her size to wading into the water which she quickly discovered the shore is far enough.
Instead of a dog bowl, she has a child size china tea cup she drinks from. Rather funny to see being she is so small and such a tiny cup fits her needs perfectly.
I am determined to find an aluminum small boat for rowing around the lake this summer. I do not mind sitting back and watching them fish. I have my own plans on making the small boat style I have in mind comfortable for lounging as well. A good book and a large parasol...
I can see myself going out on the lake alone as well, just to read and float about...

Sunny Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...