Saturday, January 6, 2007

Drastic changes ahead- watch out- a storms abrewing...

Drastic changes are needed here. Without getting too personal and divulging all details, I will say the choice was made by me. I am thinking of myself with this choice and of the girls in its making. It is hard to even think about but I have realized my sacrifice is only for a short while. It is not in stone but in the Spring my girls will be going up for sale. I will wait for their placement at 6-8 week weaning point but once they are born, mothers and kids will be put up for sale. I have been thinking about just selling the babies, then just keeping Cleo and a wether. But at every angle I see a dead end blocking the final destination. If we are to move with this possible promotion, We will not be able to afford larger land with a newer home. Everything costs 2 &1/2 times what it does here for realty. Everyone commutes to Washington D.C, hagerstown, and the other major cities within a 1-2 hour drive. There has been a "land rush" of sorts which has driven up prices. Developers have seen their opportunity, bought up the larger acreage and are turning them into a gated community or subdivisions with stupid rules like horses allowed but no goats or poultry. Again, I will not bore you with the extra details. I have refused to accept less then 3 acres of land with a newer home and keep the goats. That at the least starts around $350,000 according to realtor.com. We require space and more then 3 bedrooms for our family. I will not take on another older home. That means taking on the problems which come with them. No thanks. Not again and especially with my young children.On another change to animals-

I will be making contact to Jacks old owner too. It was said from the beginning if things do not work out with him that they would like him back. He has yet, after almost a year, stopped peeing on my walls! Every time dawg growls or just is grouchy, Jack lifts his leg and pees on what ever is near. Dawg has been with us for over 5 years now. I have tried to curb it. I have even left him on a line all day outside. Nothing works. I WILL NOT take him with us and have him peeing in my new house. Even a fenced in area does not deter the behavior. There are some other behavioral issues which I will discuss (one being his thing about eating socks and stuff then suddenly pooping them out wherever he is when the urge hits). Too much for me to handle on my own. I know my limits and they have been exceeded. i will have my goats again someday. But for now, I need to think of making changes which will benefit the family. I am compromising. I must have the bigger house and room for my gardens. The 5 chickens will go with us. I can manage with a 2 acre spot for them. Maybe after we are settled and I see how things go there, I can get goats again. For now I will settle for gardens and my chickens.This is a greenhouse made from recycled windows I spotted on another older forum discussion. I aspire my gardens to be like this but more garden beds. Maybe even larger in size then add 4 more. I had hoped to already have a similar greenhouse and garden area in place by now but I feel having the goats took alot of my attention from the project. It is tidy and manageable. I need that right now. This is something I could enjoy with the children. I really like the idea of the privacy fence enclosing the area and a wooden arbor trellis too. I could grow grapes or hops to enclose it more. as I mentioned before, I need re centering. Inner focus. I need to go back to the beginning and start over the right way. Taking with me my new gained knowledge.

Sweetest dreams,
Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...