Sunday, January 28, 2007

The wargod has been sold...per pickup of course


The Wargod was bought by my husband in high school. It was envied by all who saw it. It was feared by the many who pissed off its driver. The smoke stacks were especially a site in winter when the truck was revved up. It is not my truck to reminisce about, but Many, many, I do mean many, stories have been told & retold at any given night the guys would get together. And a case of beer each would bring the back in the day stories out. I loved hearing them originally. But after hearing them tell stories over and over about the 10th time, it was unbearable to me.


The Wargod was put to sleep for a decade. and after my encouragement...well more like its gotta go. "Dont care where. but not in this driveway anymore" statements, Hubby decided to try Ebay. It sold for around what he wanted and more then I thought he would get for it. No questions were asked about it. No additional pictures were requested. Payment due on day of pickup. Now lets see if this bidder shows up and pays.
I understand his desire to fix it up. I really do. But come on. would you want to tow this thing on a flat bed to your new home a few states away just for it to sit for another amount of years before someone attempts to fix it up? No thanks. Besides, I want this house to have great curb appeal to get this place sold SOON! Having that truck on flat wheels is by far not pleasing to the eye or any buyer.

So we say goodbye to a treasure of his past and hope its new owner will restore the Wargod to its glory. And hopefully The Captain can be content that it will make someone else a wonderful truck full of it's potential cool kid memories as great as it had brought him.
Smoky dreams,
Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...