Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I asked for it...

Alright, the snow has been falling everyday for over a week. It seems to not accumulate due to the sun poking its head out every few days. Am i complaining? Umm yes, frankly I am. It has been so cold- averaging around 18 F degrees i cant go out to play! So what better way to waste the day then to pour into that stack of seed catalogs. Then reality hit. I may not even be here to have a garden to play in. I have proclaimed to the Captain, That I will be making a trip to Florida Central gulf coast area) to visit my big brother and to take a sanity break. Of course the children will be with me and Hopefully the house will sell before summer is over because I may just not come back. I swore to not spend another winter in this place. It is just not built for our lifestyle and 3 young children. I am only half way through this winter and my misery has hit the boiling point. I will go through the motions of having one. I will start it. I will tend to it. I will look at it as something potentials may want to see instead a dirt bed. And if my brother gets his country plot, I may just bring the chickens down for him to keep (Clyde would have to stay-guess that means I should buy him a new wife-again) and bring Lady Chia for a change of scenery. That & I would just go crazy worrying whether or not the Captain is spoiling her as I do. Did he give her ice with her water or feed her in that special bowl she likes. As I have before mentioned, she is a pampered lazy goat.
All this cold blowing wind has kept the chickens snuggled inside the Goat cabin scratching up the bales of $1 hay- guy could not sell it to the horse people so He sold it to me before going to Texas for a family visit- LUCKY ME!). Clyde has made a habit of flying down to the laundry room door and wait for me to bring out their daily snack between meals. I love that he knows where to go.

So do try to keep warm in this unpredictable weather and I will soon be back to share some more interesting tidbits about life with this unusual farmchick.
Wintery dreams,
Tammie
P.S The "tinman (some #'s here)" bidder withdrew and is no longer a valid id or bidder so The Wargod will be going back up on the auction. I knew when I saw he was from Washington he would be a fraud. I wonder if there is a way to refuse bids from users who have no or very little history? Not all are frauds, but it costs $50 to just list the item and their crap costs me money and others our trust.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...