Friday, April 13, 2007

Back in Ohio...

**correction** I did not list the reason for the complaint. The supposed indoor heated pool was not even tolerable to swim in. Within minutes the kids were shivering and I refused to get in. I let the Captain brave the chilly water with our 2 older much determined children.
That is why I called in a complaint listed at the bottom of this post***

The vacation did not go as planned. It happened but not as I had hoped. The Captain had a friend who retired to the area20 minutes from that cabin we WERE going to stay in. Plans changed and we stayed with said friend. They have 20 acres on the mountain and 3 ponds which they bought for a steal! We enjoyed lots of hiking all over their land. Of course after seeing she feeds the wild life made it a bit scary-more about that in a minute... The children loved catching all the tadpoles and minnows- which were like a sea of black in that pond! Look close at the right bottom of the picture and you will see a small portion of what we saw. We were going to bring some back since they were the green frog variety-lots of green frogs in the pond- & add to our ditch stream. I thought we best not due to our different climates. Cold winter is nothing there compared to here.
I found out the wife feeds the coyotes. She lays out all the food scraps from the day on a big flat rock about5o ft from her back door (I called it her altar/laying out her "offering") and the coyote's come down between 8:30pm-9:30 pm to gobble it up. I do worry for the neighbors with livestock. If I was the neighbor, I'd be ticked off. Sometimes the opossums would get it before them which makes me think the coyote's may wonder closer to her home. Scary stuff I tell ya! One night they had a bonfire and guess who was sitting out all her lonesome while the others were getting drinks- when the coyote decided to come down and eat?! Good thing they do not like fire and I had just gone to the ladies room...
We also went to the Nashville zoo our last full day in Tennessee. Saw some very cool monkeys that were very vocal about their territory. The zoo also had a bird interaction center:

You pay a dollar and you get some sugary water to feed the birds. Of course they flew onto my head and ever since,,, I get this occasional skin itching...
Another stop was to The Rock Island State park. So many trails to walk and waterfalls to see.

This was the biggest and most famous in the park:
Lil man discovered many flowers along the paths "for you mommy": We stayed in between Knoxville and Nashville with his friend and LOVED the area. Now we are so hooked and can't wait to move. First things first. Get this house sold and him a job with the right pay all before this coming winter. I will be lighting lots of candles soon....
We stayed our last 2 nights in different hotels with indoor pools. I called customer service** for the first one we stayed in to complain**. (cost 2x what the 2nd night's hotel cost which is one reason why it bothered me). There was a big business convention which clogged the front desk so I was tired of waiting and decided to call when we got home. They were very nice/generous and reimbursed our money for the stay. The whole reason we went there was to provide the kids with a heated pool our last night Tennessee. Nice hotel, no other problems.
So we are back and resuming all the projects that need to be done before Monday. That would be when the Realtor lady is coming for a visit and we sign her on as our seller. Fingers crossed selling this place at a favorable price in a short time period will happen...
Sunnier dreams,
Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...