Monday, April 23, 2007

Old dogs do not die....

OLD DOGS DO NOT DIE

We have a secret, you and I,
That no one else shall know,
For who, but I can see you lie,
Each night, in fire glow?
And who but I can reach my hand
Before we go to bed,
And feel the living warmth of you
And touch your silken head?
And only I walk woodland paths,
And see, ahead of me,

Your small form racing with the wind,
So young again, and free.
And only I can see you swim
In every brook I pass.
And, when I call, no one but I
Can see the bending grass.

Author Unknown

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dawg had a heart murmur. We knew that from his first Vet visit when He entered our lives 5 years ago. He was found on the roadside by The Captain's best friend who in turn gave him to us. When Dawg was found, he was staying by the body of another male dog who was identical to him. We assume it was his brother.

No one claimed Dawg despite the attempts to find his owners. We were lucky. He was a constant companion. At the sound of keys, he would perk up and stare at his leash. Many hours were spent with him hiking the trails at our side. He was our 4th child but actually entered our lives when Panda was 2 1/2 yrs old. Very much a human caught in a dogs body.

Our lives were so much better with him in it. I will have a very hard time without him. He was special. So special that everyone who met him praised how wonderful he was and lucky we were to have him..

as I write this, Panda does not know he is gone. He has had problems for the last few months and recently was put on heart medicine. That was on the 12th. He perked up a little then started to decline a few days. he was suffering. I knew what had to be done. The vet had me bring him in today and dog drew his last breath in my arms while I whispered your such a good dog. I love you.....

Rest in peace Dawg. Our lives were enriched with your love, companionship and protection. Thank you boy.You will be greatly missed.

Lovingly yours,

Tammie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...