Monday, July 2, 2007

Ducks are hatching!

Walked out this morning to find 3 Muscovy ducklings have hatched.
1 which hatched out in front of Panda & I.

Another had poked a hole before our eyes which was amazing to watch and then see these eggs jumping around in the nest along with little peeps.
As of 9pm, there are 8 that have hatched out with one who appears to be still soaking wet.I think I saw 5 more eggs left ( a which few I could see did have the beginnings of a hatch) which also means i was kinda off on my egg count from before. 2 rotten eggs exploded today and another looks black as they did- which leaves 4 good white Muscovy eggs and 2 chicken eggs yet to hatch. Man it stinks in that shed! The egg exploded right in the nest which means I can not do anything till she is ready to move off the nest with her babies. Hopefully the morning will bring a nest full of babies all hatched out and healthy. Lots of colors in the batch. There is one who appears to be brown and yellow. 1 looks all yellow and a good amount have Clydes black markings.
I'll be sure to get a few good shots of proud mama and her babies on parade soon.

Sweet dreams,

~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...