Friday, July 6, 2007

How many do U C?, cast begone and Wagon makeover


Did you count them? I had to take a picture just to be sure I was not counting double. There were more eggs under her then I realized. 17 baby Muscovy ducklings. Now what the H*** am I going to do with 17 of them. I had not expected this many to hatch out. I thought maybe 12 or 13 at most. It costs $4 a duck for processing so I am doubting all will be done. We will save 1 female out of the bunch & hope it is not from Clyde. We will go with one that looks most to Bonnie's previous "bo".


Look who got her cast off today! Everyone in the family is happy about that one. The lil monster discovered that her cast makes a great people wacker and door banging is much louder. She was a real trooper. Not a wimper or tear was shed getting it on and not a tear or wimper was made while getting it off. She uses that arm as if there never was a cast on.
Big plans tomorrow. I am taking Panda & Frog to a "country skills" festival which centers around Goats. as i did my checklist of what to bring, it occurred to me, I need to bring something to pull frog in. I no longer own a stroller since they never work on hiking trails anyway. So I decided that our trail wagon needed a makeover. After all, it is 7 years old. It had to have the back wheels replaced this last Spring and the only available ones were bigger then the front. It gives it more of an all terrain tough touch, in my opinion. The inside was getting rusty due to being left outside in all weather conditions and a certain little boy last year decided he was going to paint stripes on the wood sides. So this is the new Frog friendly wagon:
I stripped off the wood and spray painted the (red) Red Ryder body with a sage green color from Rust- Oleum. I then spray painted all the wheels and other "wheel hardware" were spray painted black along with the handle.
The wood sides were cleaned of all dirt and old paint then painted with a "white wash pickling stain" by Minwax ( 1 qt. was on the clearence shelf for $2 from $10).
Of course how could it be finished without some new cushioning for napping little girls. It is one whole piece with 2 separate pillows inside. It ties at the top for easy removal and washing.
The umbrella is great for those sunny days to keep the glare out of her face.

I like it and will keep my eye out for more metal wagons that I can makeover for others. I may see if the local freecycle has any I can repair. I think it would make for a great kid birthday gift. I hate buying toys. I Love making stuff instead. I plan to make a few sun dresses and headbands but one of these would make a big hit in pastel pink...
Sweet Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...