Sunday, October 21, 2007

Future projects- do i dare?

I have been searching through the book shelves at our local libraries and devouring as many project books I can. My search has led me to many brainstorms and the urge to try new things. (A much needed boost to the seasonal blues creeping in as the leaves turn color, falling to the ground, the wind blows colder and the nights get longer... )
In these books, I have found a a few projects such as limb/branch chairs, a wood farm house style (easy to make) table, beach (sea) glass wind chimes, concrete bowls/troughs, and a few picnic handy dandies I am itching to try. Now is the time to trim up the trees and collect fallen branches.
I am calling the maintenance guy from our local state park to see if I can get some limbs from their tree cutting (not sure if they allow it which is why I am asking) and start on a few little things. I'm excited to try projects aside from sewing. Do not get me wrong. I love sewing but it seems to have not given me the joy I once received. Throwing a twist in my creativity may just be the break I desire.
While at said above park, I came upon a newer concrete trough. There use to be an ancient one from when it was owned by a well known family and the years have had its wear on it. So they replaced it with an almost identical one in the same spot. To make one of these into a "pond" is just what I have been looking for- but not as tall: The Captain and I will be playing with cement tomorrow as we try making a few large bowls. Hopefully our experimenting will turn out well and we can advance to a trough pond before its too cold. One with 2 sections and one spilling into the other with moss all around. Something more Natural. Something the coons could not rip a hole in! Unlike the rubber forms or the hard plastic ones you dig holes for and buy at the local hardware. A great place to put our tadpole / frog collecting bounty next Spring. That and the pet store sells orange multi color feeder fish REAL cheap. They have already tripled their size in the kid's tank in the 2 months they have been here. I call it the "cheap koi" alternative. No $50 dollar fish here. Nope. Feeder fish have very similar colors and patterns plus they seem to grow real quick. If they keep the rate they have been going, they should be well over 6 inches by next May.

I have been rather chicken about doing any of the nice country Craft fairs (there I admit it!) and think I will just set a goal to do a small and local Herb Craft Fair in May. This way 1.) I have long enough to get a good supply up and am in no big rush 2.) I can be diverse in my offerings and not have just sewing projects- I am thinking to add a few other nature projects I have yet to reveal. and 3.) Yes, I can always back out if I have failed my goal but by giving such a long time frame I can also make sure I meet that goal.
No promises since I ( I know- surprising ay?) have a bit of a social fear when around others I may be in competition with. In that case being money and some people just are not nice! Not that I can not handle it, But there are times of the month I just seem to be rather "hermit like" and insecure. It is not all the time, but it does make an appearance. Hopefully it does not come when the event is going on.
I promise to reveal some of the Nature projects AFTER they are finished. But for now, I must get out and collect lots of supplies. 'Tis the season to be crafty!
Daring Dreams,
~Tammie




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...