Monday, October 8, 2007

The garden's last offering..

Tractor boy has been itching to try out his new cultivator. So I gleaned the garden of any last bounty and uprooted my permanent plantings before turning it over to him. I was surprised by what was hidden amongst the neglected foliage and unturned soil. Potatoes, onions, a basket filled with green tomatoes weighing as much as Frog. (about 30 pounds).The pumpkins were harvested a few weeks back and placed to rest on the table, awaiting their turn in the kitchen.
The garden after pulling all greenery (big ones anyway) except the Morning Glory wall:
And after Tractor Boy had his way with it- The yellow shovel handle is where the Morning glory wall use to be. Panda is standing in the corner of the added space for next years garden:
I believe he added an extra 8 X 20 space to the back end of the garden. He will be out this weekend to break it up more and help add in the compost before we let it rest for the winter.
Fernie has gone to live with Roseanna. She left Thursday. I know she will become stronger and improve in her health with the decision I have made. We will have the chance to purchase her back after her health is back in perfect order AND we are moved into our permanent Farmette.
I am trying to look at our situation optimistically. Real estate is not moving well for anyone- anywhere in the U.S. So I need to chin up and deal with what we have for now. We may be here for another year- which is why I let tractor Boy play in the garden and expand it. Life changes everyday in this house. If we are here for next year's garden season- I WILL be prepared.
Mulberry mead is on its last stage. i am bottling it tonite and will be saving a small bit for tractor boy's father. He is rather excited to try my home made brew. Brave chap I tell ya. At least he has not asked about The Captain's experiment with Moonshine. That stuff stinks!
I am working on a few projects to start up my Etsy shop again. The Captain has moved the children into the smaller bedroom for winter and placed my sewing and computer items in the larger back room. I can keep children out- that means no more crying fits because a certain child came in with a juice cup and ruined a months worth of sewing from grape stains and... None of it washed out either. This room is locked at all times and only I have the key!
I really enjoyed making the Picnic lawn blankets and shoulder bags. I am working on a few to see if they work well with the Etsy audience. Others have encouraged me to do those "craft bazars". I feel those are more for older woman and not my style. But who knows what tomorrow will bring...
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...