Friday, October 19, 2007

I have not forgot you...

Just have too much water in the pan.....
I have been very busy and sidetracked with the happenings of our life. I have been up and down, in and out in so many ways, it is confusing.
I am almost done with the bathroom's last stage of remodeling. Other rooms have seen their share of revamping, but mostly just moved appliances and furniture. I have been stumped on what to use for a curtain on the bathroom window and it finally came to me. A ROMAN SHADE!
I do not like dark rooms. I want the sun to shine in and brighten everything up. Which, if you were standing in my lawn, you may think no one lived here since I have no curtains in the living room or bedroom windows. There is 1 blind which has survived the children but it is soon to be banished with just one more mess up.
So in my search of something in place of the thick half window bathroom curtain (o.k stitch witchery hemmed canvas), I will be making a Roman shade with 2 layers of sheers. Let the sun shine in!
How can you too make your very own Roman shade? I found my "how to's" at this site. there are many different other instructional sites searching under "how to make roman shades". But the above seemed to be more simplified.
Here is an example of what Roman shades are- not my picture or home though:
I have the second layer of trimming to do now and the first layer of the main wall to do sometime this weekend. Along with finish sanding the dining room floor and get those tiles in there. Worst part? Finding a way to prevent the huge and heavy fridge from digging up the tile or scraping holes in to them.... OY!
Handy man dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...