Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Marrakesh. For an overdose of inspiration, beauty and colour.

Last year I visited Marrakesh with friends and if you're ever looking for an ideal shopping experience...go here! Fabrics, lanterns, leather bags, herbs and spices, jewelry, you name it - it's there in abundance and if you're good at haggling you have a ball. I bought lots of fabric - I had just started an upholstery class which I didn't finish in the end but that's a different story - and by the end of the week my eyes were hurting looking at all those colours, non-stop. I came home with six throws (how many throws does a girl need?!?)...

A very nice blog about all things Marrakesh-y is My Marrakesh, with great photos and tips for food, decor and yes, fabrics.

The photos on here are my own.














This guy is smiling because I have just bought three large pieces of fabric from him... (after haggling for 30 minutes.....)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...