Saturday, February 14, 2009

another unsual..O.k, Crazy idea for the garden

I was searching through, trying to get some ideas on how to utilize the 8 pane window I have hanging in the dining room. The dining set is in very ugly exterior shape and is being repainted, as you will see soon. The chairs are being recovered in a more durable stain proof dark color this time around.
The window is secured to the wall and I am thinking I may get old pictures of our adventures, transferred to B&W and a frame mat to update the wall. We are installing light wood flooring next month over the ugly, and very hard to remove dark linoleum flooring (I gave up after 3 hours when getting just a 3 foot space removed). And as most things, my mind started to drift and began dreaming greenhouse. This picture did not help with the way my thoughts change in route...I want one. I desire one. I NEED one! So what do you think about instead of the hoophouse, I make a green house with the same plan: no taller then 4 feet from ground level for town codes, a wider ditch (4 feet wide) and the beds remain at 3 feet depth on each side with the back having a 2 foot depth bed. It stays in code of not needing a license and does not qualify under the no more then 2 structures code since the others are for "agricultural use" and I have a waiver as such for the Goat cabin.
I know, I have some the craziest ideas sometimes. But this may just work! If I use long 2 foot tall rectangle windows for the bottom and then use the 4 panes for the a frame roof, It should work.
Right?
I found the above picture over at this *site* from A woman who lives in Orville Ohio. It was built May 2007. She reported it worked great and is housing seedlings in May 2008.
Here are a few more inside shots:From crazy greenhouse dreams to Rabbits... The Captain has begun building the rabbit hutch from old pallets and crate 4x4 posts. Great thing being he works in the management of transportation trucking. We have been burning old pallets with our wood pile for supplementing home heating.
But back to the rabbit hutch, it looks great. I know- Wow, I have not done a thing in the project and have to say he is doing a great job. I am keeping my nose out of his project and instead applauding his triumphs. well, I may have to make a few suggestions but that's it....
we pick up the rabbits tomorrow and will begin breeding immediately.
Here's to hopefully seeing some kits by April!
Sweet Dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...