Monday, February 16, 2009

Beautiful Bed and Breakfast in Cluny, France

Auberge Le clos de l'abbaye
Cluny, Burgundy, France

Sometimes in your life you come across real gems at very unexpected moments. After a long day of traveling (while on holiday in France) my partner and I ended up in a town called Cluny. Once we found out that most of the hotels and B and B's were fully booked we didn't really know what to do.

We decided to walk around town to see if we would find somewhere to stay and we found a small sign on a big door in the outside wall of the Abbey that said 'Chambre d'hote'. We knocked on the door and a moment later were warmly welcomed into the most incredible and beautiful bed and breakfast I'd ever seen. A just freshly renovated mansion within the abbey walls - and totally filled with vintage and junkmarket finds, reupholstered chairs, combined with colourful modern Ikea bathrooms, curtains and bedlinen.

I kept on walking around like Alice in Wonderland and I think the B&B lady must have thought I was the best guest ever. She told me that apart from running the B and B she also had a workshop in the house in which she did up old furniture. On the weekend she and her husband were junkmarket fanatics and the B and B seemed like the ideal place to display all the found treasures! I thought she was such a cool lady - and from now on I know what I want in life: a B and B and a furniture workshop (ideally in France ;-)

If you're ever in the area...
Le CLos de l'Abbaye
Claire et Pascal BOUVROT-LARDY
6 Place du marché - 71250 CLUNY
Tél : 06 25 45 30 95 - 03 85 59 22 06
clos.abbaye.cluny@orange.fr









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...