Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Project "4 poster bed" sneek peak...

It's almost finished!I went with a "Galaxy Depth" black instead of a stain. The wood I used for the head and foot boards is not the quality you would want to use a stain on anyway. Keeps the costs down using 1/2 inch plywood and besides that, I like the black. It looks great with the sheers and the accessories I am adding later.
As you can see, I do not have all the wood painted as of yet. I painted the head and foot boards first since they needed a layer of Kilz primer for stain hider. The plywood markings show through the regular black paint, so I had to repaint with the kilz then put 2 more layers of the black. Heres a tip- buy better brand paint so you do not have to put multiple layers on...
This is the incomplete foot board:
I have some filling to put over the deck screw spots before painting and need to put another 2x4 on the head board. Then add the posts toppers before the finishing paint. Then the accessories for the final touch.
I put the Goat cabin up for sale on Craigslist and it sold quickly. I had over 50 interested emails. I got my asking price and the woman put a deposit down untill pick up.
I just could not bear seeing it anymore after losing Chia. May sound silly, but I still burst out in tears while driving home sometimes. It is almost instinct to glance at the Goat cabin to see Chi Chi waiting for me at the gate when she hears the car. After a bad day, I could always go nuzzle into her neck and she let her fur soak up my tears as she let me babble about what was on mind..
I was not this bad after Dawg passed away. My heart still aches for that big goofy goat.
On a lighter note, the seedlings are all going strong. I have lost a few, but made sure to start more then I would need for that very reason. I am also sharing a little of each with Willow for their garden. Her family really liked the orange jubilee last year when I brought some for a salad topping. Hopefully, I have her interest perked enough to save her own seeds for next year. I am sharing lavender, parsley, basil,Rosemary (~from cutting starts since the rosemary seed did not grow) 4 different tomatoes, bush patty pan squash, and I'm sure there is more but my mind is still at 1 cup of joe despite the 3 cups I have had.
Stay tuned for more updates on the "making of a 4 poster bed" project.
Sweet Dreams,
Tammie



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...