Sunday, January 8, 2012

DIY Twine Letter


I found this great DIY idea on Pinterest and then put my own special touch on it. This twine wrapped initial was so simple to make! They make such great gifts, add a personal touch to any part of your home and they look just lovely as an extra accessory on a bookshelf or even hanging on a wreath. You can customize it any way you choose, the ideas are limitless. I've made several of these for Christmas gifts, by personalizing each one with different accents. Who doesn't love a homemade gift!?

All you need is a cardboard letter bought from any craft store, a roll of jute twine, scrap fabric for the flowers {I used canvas fabric} and a hot glue gun.


Start wrapping the twine around the letter. I started at one end, then cut where I needed and began a new section of wrapping. On this letter "H" I wrapped in 4 different sections. Be patient, this takes awhile to do, as you are wrapping you will scrunch the twine for a tight wrap around the letter so the cardboard won't show through. Tuck or glue the ends of the twine on the back of the letter.  

M A K I N G   F A B R I C   F L O W E R S
Cut 10-12" long by 3" wide fabric strips . . .

Then fold the strip in half and begin to roll and twist the fabric into a flower shape . . .

Hot glue the fabric end to the back, flat part of the flower, let cool, then hot glue the flower to the twine letter. It's just that simple!


Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...