Monday, October 16, 2006

A trip to the market...

Just a few days earlier these bins were filled and overflowing with their contents.

The buttercup squash were 2 for (US) $1, Acron squash was 3 for (US) $1, & butternut squash was 2 for (US) $1. I missed out on the pie pumpkins we spotted on our last trip. They were (US) $1 each. I had to make a trip to another more expensive Farm market for them just so I could can them for pie filling to go with the winter holiday gifts. I still have a bushel of apples in the Mudroom. They are patiently sitting in a little tykes wagon where left them after our day of picking. I have been so busy with everything outside that I seem to only have time to put aside for the couch recovering adventure.
~ All of the back pillows for our couch have been finished as of midnight. I tried my hand at Machine Applique (correct me if I am wrong on the name...). I have never ventured past basic sewing. This was time consuming and doing it so late at night when tired, I am sure did not help with all the mistakes. I found this design in a book for etching into a gourd. I instantly thought how I would like to do it with the above fabric for the furniture. Of course the main coloring of the new upholstry is cream, green, and blue. So I though the denim may help tie it into the rest. It may end up on the vintage chaise that belonged to The Captains English Grandma. Which is in dire need of recovering, too. It is a velvet silver color (from the late 60's I believe.), but my children have had their toll on it- makeup base that was snuck out of my cabinet along with eyeshadow, lotion, markers... I am sure you get the picture.I have cleaned it to the best of my ability, but Base is so hard to get out of this fabric. My children are opportunist's...
~ My new Goat house (shed) will be here Friday! The day before I get my girls back from the Breeder.
Will it be weird/abnormal If I run and hug them when I see them? Of course since they are running with a buck I may get deterred by the smell and settle for a neck rub. I wonder if they will "recognize" me? Do they have memories like us or maybe even a "hey- thats part of our old herd" kind of acknowledgment. Yeah- I am so hardcore. hahahaha... My girls are to me as a dearly cherished pet dog is to someone else.
~ Coffee pot broke (glass cracked) last night. Not happy- I went early this morning to the gas station and bought the largest cup of coffee they had- in my pajamas and a hoody.... I just cant start my day without a cup of joe.
So now I am off to buy another coffee maker and drop some books off at the public library.
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...