Sunday, October 22, 2006

Welcome home, Playing in the loft, & a local Pumpkin patch

The girls are back home! As I opened the back of the cargo area, Chia did not want to hop down- which i am sure having Jack (Our old english sheep dog who will have his turn here soon of being introduced), bark at them from atop the hill did not help. He so badly wanted to welcome them back too and being on a line while we were gone did not make him happy!
After lifting Chia out of my vehicle- which she is not a light weight by the way- she led the way to her pen yard. She knew where she was going! I directed her into the new "goat cabin", as dubbed by the kids. She seemed to like it for the most part. Cleopatra was maaa-ing at me. I went back to lead her up the hill and she lead the way excitedly.
Roseanna made up a nice paper with "breeding notes". It documented their stay on her Family Farm.
~ William was naughty one day- actually the word "bored" was used- and broke out taking Chia galavanting throughout the Farm & fields causing her to acquire "burdocks" in her coat. I think its funny myself... So today was her grooming day. They were not that bad to take out. I saved the comb you get in the hosptial for newborns and use it for my goats. It has a fine side I use to check for ticks and lice and a more spaced tooth side I use for regular combing of tangled or for the longer haired areas after bathing them.
The girls behaved so happy and were bouncing around in their pen. Chia actually bounded playfully down the hill when I threw the chickens their scratch and she came to snitch a bit. My dear cleo seems to not be able to get enough of my time. She rubs herself all over my legs and will put her head between my knees if I turn my back to do something. I think my concern of them not being their old selves was proved to be just nonsense.
~ The kids LOVE the loft in the Goat cabin. I have to hide the ladder up there so they do not get in the habit of playing in it! It is very spacious and I will make sure I stuff it with straw bales to help prevent their "hide and seeks". There are open ends of the gable so air circulation is not a problem. I need to staple screen in the openings to prevent night time visitors in the coming winter/ spring. I feel so happy that my girls are here. I love the Goat cabin too! It is spacious enough that The kids & I can sit in there and interact with the girls comfortably.
We went to the local pumpkin patch today. A good friend of ours met us up there too. As you can see, 2 wagons were needed to carry all the pumpkins & Frog..
While there, I spotted and grabbed a few white ones that MAY BE what Phelan wrote of in her blog. They were only 50 cents so why not try it out- ya know?!
I will be saving seeds from the best tasting ones for next years barnyard pumpkin patch. I have saved seeds (or am planning to when the "host" is eaten) from all the squash bought at the Farm market, cloud 9 eggplant, patty pan squash, and other various vegetables throughout the harvest season. I have also saved ALOT of calendula seeds. If you see anything you would like seeds from, just let me know. I would be happy to share.
The captain made a "harvest stew" so I best make some biscuits & herbed butter.
Goodnight & sweet dreams....
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...