Sunday, October 8, 2006

Hey honey- wanna buy a blueberry farm?

"18 acre farm with 2.5 acre turn key blueberry patch operation(can increase patch to 8 acres). All equipment included. Great horse property as well. Barn, sugarhouse, 20x45 shop, 1400 ft frontage, century home.XXXX county. good schools. (xxx)xxx-xxx "


Ummm, yeah. My heart started pounding, my throat got that choked up feeling and the butterflies danced madly in my belly. I could have the goat farm & a blueberry patch! Of course dreaming never hurt.... just as a reminder... I love blueberries....

I wonder if I could get a farm loan for that? For agriculture farm loans they want you to have multiple years experience in that field. There had to be something different and not so hard to get. Yep. I want to check it out. Maybe our family can run a bluberry farm plus have dairy goats to make the yogurt & cheese with.... hmmm. So many ideas & temptations... so little money...
~ You may want to skip over this part Phelan.
Went back out to the apple orchard & picked a bushel of Idared apples. A lovely day at 74 degrees. Lots of families out there today at Stotlers Orchard. These apples were huge- Softball size fruits. It did not take long to fill up the bags. Panda sat with Frog on the blanket while The captain (ocassionaly with lil man on his shoulders) & I did most of the picking this time.
Last Friday was our "marriage" anniversary. We had a neutral "handfasting" style ceromony in a victorian house by the University 5 years. "In my life" was sung/ being played on a guitar as Panda walked me down the spiraling staircase to her daddy. I still get goosebumps when I hear this song. To some it may not be thought of as a wedding song but I did not wear a big frilly dress either. After all, I am unusual.The bridesmaids wore short simple black dresses & carried fall colored roses and hawthorn berry bouquets to match my larger one. The men wore black shirts under their black tux's and deep wine red vests with black ties (groom had slate grey vest & black shirt/tie. Although now I wish we would have just eloped to like Ireland or Scotland. A huge waste of money that could of gone to financing a wonderful & more enjoyable time honeymoon then playing host & hostess to a hundred people ( who secretly cared about food drinks) and trying to not make any faux paux's on supposedly "our day". So on October 06, 2001, I married my best friend after a whirlwind courtship of 4 years. In that time we gave birth to our lovely Panda, who was the turning point in my life. He has stood by me while I try to deal with the ghosts in my closet. Next to him I feel I can conquer the world. His deep & pure love still amazes me to this day. Now I am done with the sappy stuff.
So Happy "9th" Anniversary to us.....
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...