Friday, June 27, 2008

Sewing through the storms...

I am off to visit Stephanie from Going green in Illinois, while she is in Cambridge Ohio for Ragnarok. I went down last weekend for a day to meet up with her and found her so delightful! Her husband was just as much a pleasure to meet. I enjoyed myself so much so that after speaking with Stephanie , I must journey back and experience Ragnarok overnight. So another most indulgent road trip will whisk me away, alone, tomorrow for our second meet up.
Of course, what fun would it be if I were not to be in Garb as the others? So over the last few stormy days which have kept me away from out door chores (which NEED to be done but just not doable in the rain and lightning), I have sewn up a hopeful befitting outfit. No patterns. All free hand cut and machine sewn- after a little research. I went with light materials and forgiving lines/sleeves for wearing in the summer heat.
The bodice is not perfect and could use some boning. The chemise/blouse was given 3/4 sleeve length with the under sides left open from just above the elbow down to the wrist for more fantasy romance plus the pleasure of a cooling breeze.
I used a thin soft cotton fabric for the green outer skirt - keeping it cooler for the weather since the entire chemise is natural Muslin. I spent less then $7 on the fabrics- again from the bargain shelf. The skirt is in 5 Panels to accentuate a slimmer fit to the top with an elastic waist hidden beneath the faux suede bodice.
I had such fun with this garb, learning so much during its creation for any future projects and have started a gown. Which happens to be too heavy for this event but may very well end up on Ebay ,since I most likely will never get the chance to enjoy it. (I will share a peek when it is finished). I will be working with Tuesday on producing a similar Maiden outfit befitting her bosom and fair hair. Nothing like a little spice to the bed chamber like a tryst with a handsome laird, ay?
On another note, the Magic tree has fallen to another storm. This time 2 major branches were shattered and the larger coming down upon the animal fence line. The Ladies are happy for such a feast but soon it will be fuel for the wood burner. Warming our home on those cold winter nights. Our dear Magic tree will be used with great honor for her sacrifice to the storm. I hope we are able to save her remaining graceful arms from befalling such a fate as the others.I need to pack for my trip and shave my pale legs...Or should I go authentic?
Sweetest dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...