Monday, June 2, 2008

Take a look around...

I have a few meme's to do, but thought I would save those for later in the week.
Instead, I thought I would give a tour of what has been accomplished so far- as in "look what I have done..."
First, this is the new pen I built all by myself. Lots of words were floating in the air for that one....
This is the garden- well a portion of it anyway. That would be the gate I built along with the flat top arbor which now has the Magnum hops and flowering vines growing up the base.
In the Northwest corner, you will see my "what am I up to now" project. Yep, that would be a garden tool shed ladies and gentlemen. Complete with removable shelf and dual side tool holders. It still needs the eye hook for closing...Of course, I find any reason possible to break out the new toy. There I was digging with a shovel in the area where the meat birds were rotating . Then I thought , duh- go get the tiller...
She practically walks herself at times.I am proud to announce that Zeus was successfully separated from Fernie the entire night- at last.
I had some technical difficulties with my system, but in the end I conquered it. Since I had gotten up at 4 am the other day, I discovered how he was getting out of his blockade. Which I quickly locked him back up so I could milk Fernie later in the day.
This morning there were no breakouts and I got4 1/2 cups of milk before giving up and letting her rush back to the screaming baby.... That was a pain. She pooped 5 times! 5 times in the 12 minute milking session. You know she did it on purpose. That goat never poo's that often... I refused to stop and milked as much as I could before I feared the neighbors calling the police over a "screaming baby" outside...
Last count on tomatoes is 60.... I lost 21 to the meat bird raid and started another flat to replace the paste tomatoes they demolished. I have an entire quarter of the garden planted of Cannelini beans. We love them and I use them alot. So it made sense to plant so many. I have added some other items such as store bought pepper plants due to The Captains request and a 3 pack of an heirloom tomato (mr.stripey) found at the garden center. Just more for us to have for storing and the kids to sell at their stand. Along with the 10 watermelon plants that popped up and the (by the end) 80 some tomato plants of 6 different varieties growing up there...Maybe I over did it this year?...
Nahh.. Just more to preserve and share.
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...